Friday, June 6, 2008

More Guilty Pleasures

Check out Entertainment Weekly's list of Cheesy Ballads: be warned, not for the lactose-intolerant.


One of my all-time favourites is on there: Crazy for you. I actually won a competition* in the mid-80s in Smash Hits, and the prize was a Crazy for you tracksuit. Basically just a grey jersey tracksuit and Crazy for you across the back and I think up one leg. Which I wore till it fell apart...
*Competition question: what is Madonna's real name?




So tomorrow we're having a bbq to celebrate DHs 40th (actually falls next week, while we're in Ireland). You know that Guilty Pleasures Mix will be played loud and proud - he's Class of '87: The Golden Era of Guilty Pleasure music...


Here he is being welcomed home by Paddy and Jamie:

Happy Birthday hon!

1 comment:

twiceknit said...

Madonna Ciccone, right? Wow, from the list, it's very clear that the 80's were the golden age of cheesy songs. Maybe there's some correlation with the big hair.

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats