Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A short one.

Here's what's been languishing in my knitting bag...this lethargy is hard to shake...
Baby boy sweater - this is the back of a sweater for a 6-month old (to be born in August) that will have a brown heart on the front. Hopefully.
The toe-up sock I am making from the Flat Feet yarn - really love how it is striping, though perhaps the pattern I've devised here isn't the best to show that...
And this is the Debbie Bliss bear I've been working on..It is honest! I cast on for this months ago, got this far, and then realized with all those increases and decreases etc. it just wasn't going to happen with 2 dogs, 1 kid and 1 husband all wanting stuff ;) maybe I'll rip out and make Twiceknit's elephant...Red is a good elephant colour right?


Speaking of dogs, look how happy Paddy was this weekend:Bought him a new basketball, and put some water in the old baby pool. He was out there all day long, just chewing and snorting up a storm...



In other news - am off to Ireland in a week (yay!) to see family and friends, and attend the wedding of a very dear friend in Dublin. I'm sure I'll have lots of say about that when I get back...unfortunately last weekend I learned that my brother and his fiancee are no longer an item...which means that I made these in vain...

I had even knit their initials into the heels, eegit that I am. After his wedding a few years back(he was recently divorced) I cross-stitched a whole sampler for them... Next time I'll hold off on the handknits till at least the first anniversary...

5 comments:

twiceknit said...

red is perfect for elephants, in my opinion. I've got so much of the dark green left over from the turtle that you may be seeing a green elephant before long!

twiceknit said...

and I forgot--have a great trip!

YoMamma said...

I agree. Red=great elephant!

So that brother is single again eh? Hrm....

(teasing!)

Lyn said...

I like the socks - that's such a cool idea, those flat feet!

I'm sorry it didn't work out for your brother, but there's something hilarious about you having no home for the socks (which are fabulous, BTW)

Denise said...

I know! All the work that goes into something handmade...from now on oly fellow craftees are getting handmade stuff. So there ;)

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats