Wednesday, May 28, 2008

lost my knitting mojo?

The big push to get the purple cardi finished has robbed me of my knitting mojo. I haven't picked up the needles since last Friday. I even brought my knitting camping over the weekend but never took it out of the bag (except to show it to a very disinterested 'tween. I am so uncool).
There are 2 baby showers coming up, babies due in August but showers at the end of June. I have, of course, enough yarn to clothe both kids many times over, but need something to get me going...suggestions?
Anyone else ever have this blah feeling?

P.S. I am slooowly burning those Guilty Pleasure CDs. Your patience is appreciated :)

4 comments:

twiceknit said...

I've been feeling the same way. I got all excited and swatched for a new sweater immediately upon receiving the yarn...and that was almost two weeks ago. Haven't even cast on yet. I also have an elephant one ear away from being finished (and 2 days from baby shower), and I can't make myself sit down and finish it.

My theory is that it's the weather. It's too nice to be sitting inside knitting. Especially with wool.

Is that your package that's being squee'd about over on the HSS3 blog?

Lyn said...

I've always been a big believer in the new pattern or new yarn to get you going again. The new pattern is far cheaper, but now that I work in a yarn store, I suppose I should push the new yarn!

YoMamma said...

A really crappy day at work usually helps me out of that feeling by creating a need to escape. I'd wish you a crappy work day but somehow that doesn't seem right.

It was great seeing you last night and I guess you worked through the CD burning 'cause I enjoyed mine all the way home! Thanks again!

Sue said...

I hadn't knit in probably 2 weeks until last Wednesday, when I took a sock to the baseball game. I only knitted a few rows but it was very relaxing. Then I made myself knit on the bus instead of sleep the next day! I agree with twiceknit - I'm not a warm weather knitter! On the other hand, I've been itching to sew!

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats