Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The long list of Guilty pleasure songs

Here they are:
If I didn't include your suggestion there's probably a real good, irrational reason*. Like I slowdanced with this one guy to Phil Collins...nope even 20+ years later that's still off the list.

GUILTY PLEASURE SING-ALONGS
Crank it up and let ‘er rip

Take On Me
a-Ha

You Shook Me All Night Long
AC/DC

I Don't Want to Miss a Thing
Aerosmith

All Out Of Love
Air Supply

All I Really Want
Alanis Morissette

Sugar Sugar
The Archies

You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
Bachman-Turner Overdrive

I Write The Songs
Barry Manilow

Stayin' Alive
Bee Gees

Piece of My Heart
Big Brother & the Holding Company

Lovely Day
Bill Withers

Uptown Girl
Billy Joel

You Give Love A Bad Name
Bon Jovi

Livin' On A Prayer
Bon Jovi

Total Eclipse of The Heart
Bonnie Tyler

Top of the World
Carpenters

If You Leave Me Now
Chicago

Tubthumping
Chumbawamba

Brick House
Commodores

(I Just) Died in Your Arms
Cutting Crew

You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)
Dead Or Alive

Come On Eileen
Dexys Midnight Runners

Money for Nothing
Dire Straits

I Touch Myself
Divinyls

Return To Innocence
Enigma

A Little Respect
Erasure

I Want to Know What Love Is
Foreigner

Radar Love
Golden Earring

Sweet Child O' Mine
Guns N' Roses

Hollaback Girl
Gwen Stefani

What Is Love
Haddaway

MMMBop
Hanson

You Sexy Thing
Hot Chocolate

I Want You Back
The Jackson 5


Margaritaville
Jimmy Buffett

Jack & Diane
John Mellencamp

Ring Of Fire
Johnny Cash

Don't Stop Believin'
Journey

Carry On Wayward Son
Kansas

Rock 'n Roll All Nite (Live)
Kiss

You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
Leo Sayer

Like A Virgin
Madonna

Paradise By the Dashboard Light
Meat Loaf
Beat It
Michael Jackson

Love Hurts
Nazareth

Come As You Are
Nirvana

Crazy Train
Ozzy Osbourne

I'm So Excited
The Pointer Sisters

U Got The Look
Prince

Purple Rain
Prince And The Revolution

We Are the Champions
Queen

Black Betty
Ram Jam

I Wanna Be Sedated
The Ramones

The Other Woman
Ray Parker Junior

Can't Fight This Feeling
REO Speedwagon

Never Gonna Give You Up
Rick Astley

Don't You (Forget About Me)
Simple Minds

Mandinka
Sinéad O'Connor

Baby Got Back
Sir Mix-A-Lot

We Built This City
Starship

Come Sail Away
Styx

Where's Me Jumper
Sultans Of Ping

Eye Of The Tiger
Survivor

Tell It To My Heart
Taylor Dayne

Whiskey In The Jar
Thin Lizzy

Africa
Toto

Pride (In The Name Of Love)
U2

The Hustle (Original Mix)
Van McCoy

Brown Eyed Girl
Van Morrison

Y.M.C.A.
Village People

Low Rider
War

Here I Go Again
Whitesnake

OK so some serious cuts must be made. The average CD holds 80 min of music (not 5 hours like this playlist...) Plus - how can I have Thin Lizzy and The Carpenters on one mix?
What to do - come up with sub-genres?
Suggestions please - and the offer to get you a CD of the final mix still stands. I've been having fun listening to these - all but a few already on my itunes list ;)




*I was just as irrational when it came to picking DS's name: so many otherwise decent names were out because of past experiences with people of the suggested name...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sub-genres is good, a car stereo that plays mp3s is even better! I about lost it when I saw 'Tubthumping' on there. That was the only decent song on that album.

YoMamma said...

Fun fun - great list! Cutting Crew, wow, I would love to hear that song now. It makes me remember an early crush.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, every single time I hear Alannis Morrisette I think of you! That year, that house, you and me taking it in turns to be the ratty cow shouting at the dengenerate flatmates... xx

Anonymous said...

Maybe add "Don't You Want Me" by The Human League. It's ripe with the 80s vibe.

Anonymous said...

Anything by Nirvana is not a guilty pleasure. You blare that no matter who your around....

Anonymous said...

THE ANNUAL GUILTY PLEASURES PARTY
As written up in NY Daily News & NY Post
"Shameless, Blameless, Fun!"

Saturday, April 2nd
Croton Lounge
http://www.crotonnyc.com/lounge/
108 W 40th St. (btwn Broadway & 6th Ave)

DLJ spins all the songs you hate to admit you love!
(From Abba to Ace of Base, Britney to Bon Jovi, Journey to Justin,
Lady Gaga to Lionel Richie, NKOTB to BBD to BEP, & more!)

Plus, LIVE Acoustic Duo playing all your guilty favorites!

$3 Beers & $5 Well Drinks & Martinis from 9-11pm
FREE Shots to 1st 100 People - To help ease the guilt :)
FREE Candy & Chocolates for everyone!
NCAA Final Four will be on all TVs!

Perfect for celebrating birthdays, bachelorette parties, or special occasions!
To RSVP or to reserve tables for groups of 5+, email dljvideo@gmail.com

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats