Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Stash acquirement...

So, this week finds me in Fort Collins CO, visiting some coworkers, and loving it here.

There are mountains...
trees...wildlife...
(the Colorado Boston Terrier contingent)...
and yarn stores...
First place I stopped was The Stitchin' Den in Estes Park

Picked up some Lamb's Pride worsted and Mango Moon Chakra for Talia.

That evening hit Lambspun, like a yarny candy store...
Buttons and yarn balls andneedles and weaving supplies...


and this is all I got...some pretty yarn for a scarf (maybe this?) and buttons for Talia.

Finally, visited My Sister Knits (like Lambspun, not someplace you'd stumble across, but well worth finding). No pictures...all I bought was more Lamb's Pride Worsted, for another Hey Teach :)

Anyhoo - the upside of business trips, in addition to guilt-free yarn shopping (it's a souvenir) there is time to knit on cross-country flights and nights in the hotel room. What could be cuter than an eggplant baby cap?

An eggplant baby cap and a strawberry baby cap!

3 comments:

twiceknit said...

Love the hats, and great yarn store pics. Beautiful scenery, too!

YoMamma said...

Ha! Souveniers!
My business trip coming up in December I think I'm going to drive to so the knitting is easier. Not that I knit while I drive...(hmm how can I make that happen?...) I can just bring it with no fear of having it taken from me.

Sue said...

Lucky you!

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats