Monday, October 27, 2008

Another clapotis

After a hiccup-y start (this yarn gets tangled very easily) I am motoring away on my clapotis/scarf. Jamie happily modeled for me (rather - she wouldn't get up so had to drape knitting over her). It's 47 st. wide, and very portable for commute-knitting.
I kind of wish I had made it maybe one repeat wider, because I have a lot more of this yarn. Also, am not loving the colour - it seemed more red in the skein, orange has never been my favourite...may well be an xmas gift for somebody.
I also went to visit the Celtic-Knot yarn store in Ellicott City, up for sale and maybe soon to close :( and got the pink/purple Karaoke yarn you see here:

I tried out the intarsia using the King Cole yarn on top - not a great idea, the yarn is waaay too variegated and that colourway is not for me... But the Karaoke yarn is coming along great - I plan to make 2 skeins of it into a scarf, felt it, and send to my friend's 5-year old. That's the plan anyway...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The clapotis is very pretty! And your Boston is the cutest, just chilling out on the couch. :)

twiceknit said...

Love the clapotis. That pattern has been at the top of my queue forever. I should actually make it one of these days.

Yes, I suck. I need to get to Panera soon or nobody will remember who I am! So there was cake last night?? Sorry I missed that! How many people showed up? Was there room for anybody else at Panera?

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats