Tuesday, October 7, 2008

in a departure from regularly scheduled programming...


A bulletin from your friendly microbiologist
There is a big outbreak going on right now of Salmonellosis linked to breaded partially-cooked frozen chicken products. Though it's not a recommended cooking method, people have been using microwaves to heat these up till they are warm enough to eat... then getting (very) sick. Here's one of several related news articles I've seen.

If you have to use a microwave, use your thermometer.

2 comments:

Lyn said...

How nice to have our own personal medical watch-dog!I don't usually have those around, but I think my son and his roommates live on them, so thanks for the heads-up.

Anonymous said...

Ew, ew, ew. This is why my mom forbids the use of the microwave. Well, this and the cancer you get from the radiation. :)

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats