Friday, October 17, 2008

Neat things

I have all kinds of neat things I'd like to show you - and have finally uploaded pictures.
The blue&green flat feet socks are blocked and ready, hopefully my friend's legs are as slim as I think they are...and if time permits this weekend I may even break out the bead stash and make her earrings to match. Sure all the best-dressed folks have socks that match their earrings nowadays.

The pink/red lacy scarf for a friends birthday (already a week overdue, and she lives in Europe) s done done done, scarves are so boring to make, even when pretty. But for this one, one skein made a nice-length scarf (about 5 ft). I read somewhere the optimum scarf length is approximately equal to the height of the wearer...so if she hunches over a bit while wearing 'twill be perfect.

A couple of Friday's ago I got that serious burning-wallet feeling and ordered myself some yarn from Little Knits and from Webs. Little Knits should be arriving today (I should have paid for expedited shipping, I have nowhere near the amount of patience required for online shopping) and (most of) the Webs order arrived last week. Lovely lovely sock yarn, including the Opal Harry Potter yarn in Tonks, that are on their way to becoming the Grandiflora socks as we sit here. yay!

I think my knitting blah period is well and truly over for the year. I love the Autumn.
So what are you working on? Don't send me to Ravelry - comments please!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am working on my first pair of fingerless mittens. I forgot to measure so I had to redo one so far and I am ready to move on. But the stupid things come in pairs! I am also trying to finish a scarf I started over a year ago (boring knit). But I am wanting to start a number of new patterns and I change daily what will be the next knit. Does not help that I keep finding new patterns. Found a great site on Etsy for safety eyes if you need a source btw.
A shame that work gets in the way of knitting. I love the fall too!

Anonymous said...

Fall is definitely great for a fiber shopping spree! :)
Just cast on socks for my Dad with a pretty green colorway of Sheila's yarn.
Love your flat feet socks...gorgeous!

YoMamma said...

I cast on for the Textured Tunic from the book Fitted Knits. It's going well so far. Once I cast on and began I was pleasantly surprised to see the pattern is a top down raglan so it should go by pretty fast. I'm also (trying) to whip out a pair of basic house slippers since it got chilly but I broke a needle so I tossed them aside in disgust. It was so chilly Saturday morning I was able to wear a sweater (wicked) and a scarf! Yay Fall!

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats