Monday, August 18, 2008

Fun weekend

Ah summer weekends. This last was a fun one. Spent Saturday morning/afternoon knitting/chatting/shopping/eating - doesn't get a whole lot better than that. Visited an LYS I hadn't been to before and bought the supplies for this lovely thing, thanks to Lyn for helping me find just what I needed - a bright red cotton blend yarn. I'm not sure whether I'll make this for my(ever-expanding)self, or for Mum (birthday in 2 months). Hmm...

Am on the last skein of yarn for the lace ribbon scarf - of course, I am thinking that the "lace ribbon" in the name suggests I should have used something finer, but the colours are pretty. And heck I'm 6 skeins into it - some people might have the patience and sensibility to rip and do over but that's something I could never face :)

On Saturday night myself and Himself went to a restaurant in Baltimore to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary. I bought him a wedding ring to replace the one he lost last year doing yard work, and he bought me a pretty new ring just because. Aww.
I think I'll keep him.

3 comments:

Lyn said...

I loved it when y'all stopped by - but next time, I want to go on the outing!

Sue said...

Aw, that's sweet - and I haven't heard Tio Pepe's mentioned in a very long time. I don't think I've ever actually been there!

YoMamma said...

awww, how sweet - you've got a good one! Happy Anniversary. :-)

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats