Sunday, August 24, 2008

So good to myself...

Finished the Olympic scarf a few days early at Wednesday's Sip n Knit: blocking now. I folded it over to block (didn't have enough spare space that I could guarantee would remain unvisited by dogs). I really like it, and the pattern is easy to memorize and it looks so good :)
(Note: helper at top left)

So what next? Well, I discovered a partially made sock in the knitting bag: even though the colorway is a little '1970's living room' I decided it was too pretty for a sock:

Love these! Great way to show off sock yarn, esp when all bundled up in dark winter colours (I'm ready!).


Haven't I been good at using my stash yarn? Of course, this leaves quite a void...

On Friday took the day off and we went across the Bay and visited a couple of little towns. So pretty and peaceful over there. And guess what - found two yarn stores!

One was a teeny tiny place, Fibre Cafe run by Bonnie and Fiberetta, where I picked up 3 skeins of bright red cotton (on sale) for the Red Scarf yarn project. And, Bonnie gave me a couple of her own knitting mags she was done with, including the Winter 2007 Interweave Knits (yay!) It is a very small store, so restraint wasn't too difficult.

But then...in the next town ran across Frivolous Fibers...where I couldn't resist these:
which I am planning to use for what will be a vay vibrant (and soft) scarf;

this:

which will make a gorgeous shawl (assuming I ever get it wind it up...)
and this:

which is already half knit - more later.


So the stash is well and truly plumped up again. And all is well...

2 comments:

twiceknit said...

Love the scarf and the mitts. Great idea for fun sock yarn. I'll have to give those a shot. And wonderful yarn haul. I'm jealous!

YoMamma said...

oooh - love those Socky Mitts!
Your Lace Ribbon Scarf helper looks proud. :-)

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats