Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Olympics project

Decided to start something new, to knit-along to while watching the Olympics (I tried to link into my knitting group's Ravolympics site but had technical difficulties :( ).
Anyhoo, had fun looking round Ravelry and Knitty, and decided on the Lace Ribbon scarf. Trying to use stash yarn (of which there is scads, of course), and picked Louisa Harding, Cinnabar: So - got about 5 pattern repeats done here - it's a fairly simple pattern though the yarn is surprisingly hard on the hands. My left index finger callus will be back before long - anyone else have a knitting callus?
Coming out quite pretty. Hope to have finished for one of the 4 female family-member birthday's in Sept/October.

Have another business trip (Atlanta) this week... and I volunteered for it!? Need to learn to keep my big mouth shut...but at least 'twill give me plenty of knitting time. Last trip I flew US Airways, where I was relieved of $25 for my checked bag and $2 for a bottle of water. Will let you know how Delta manages to coax additional $$ from me.

2 comments:

twiceknit said...

Ugh. Hate all the new airline fees. Have a great trip! Love the yarn. It's perfect for that pattern.

YoMamma said...

Oh cool! That Lace Ribbon Scarf is looking great. I found great enjoyment in the double yarn overs - fun!
I do indeed have a knitting callus.

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats