Thursday, March 13, 2008

Distractions

I am currently reading three books.
Killing Floor by Lee Childs (read till past midnight on this last night). Well past my bedtime.

Silver Swan by Benjamin Black. This is actually an audiobook, read by Timothy Dalton. He has the most wonderful, expressive, sonorous voice...

Shakespeare: the world as stage by Bill Bryson. Bill (can I call you Bill? Thanks) is so adept at explaining commonplace, potentially very dull topics in such a way that has me adding up and truly interpreting things for the first time. A short history of nearly everything is my go-to audiobook. I actually have 3 copies of it, and have bought it for a few people too.

Who else reads more than one book at a time?

4 comments:

YoMamma said...

Me! I love having several books to dip into at once.
:-)

Unknown said...

What happened to "string theory", did you ever get around to reading that yet? tee hee

I try, but usually end up with only one book going at a time (well ok one book and about 3 magazines...).

most recently i've read the "shopaholic" series by Sophie Kinsella. I hear they're making a movie of it!

Denise said...

oh yes - the string theory book. Ahem. It's still there on the shelf beside "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"...

Pheelya said...

I have several books on my nightstand, one in my purse that I carry around, another book in CD that I listen to when I drive, and another audiobooks that I listen to at home when I want to knit and not watch TV.... haven't mastered the art and knitting AND reading yet ;)

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats