Friday, March 28, 2008

Waiting, waiting...

Yesterday I had to take time off work for a dentist visit and a doctor visit, requiring much time spent in those cheeriest of places: waiting rooms. It occurred to me as I flicked through the magazines (Will Ross and Rachel ever get together? Aren't Angelina and Billy Bob a striking pair...) that I should donate some of my own mag stash to them. Usually I avoid magazines at such places as they are invariably old and grubby and germ-laden, having been thumbed by sick people. But I forgot to bring anything to knit and was too antsy and bored to just sit there.

And here I am today, waiting at home. For the Cable Guy. Bit the bullet and decided to go for Verizon FIOS. Hopefully it'll be better behaved than Comcast, which surely is responsible for a wrinkle or two of mine. Anyhoo I took today off work for no reason other than I'm starting a new job Monday (with attendant GS increase, woohoo) and I was planning to have a day to myself, probably involving time spent in bookstores/yarn stores without much-loved family members asking things like "don't you already have enough books/yarn?"

Instead I am waiting for the frickin Cable Guy who is now 29 minutes past the 8-12 window. Grr.

I have, of course, spent the time knitting. Look how far I got on my super skinny sock! I keep shoving my arm up it, muttering, yeah it'll fit, sure it will.

And I finished listening to "No Country for Old Men". I think I'll listen to something lighter next time - back to "A Short History of Nearly Everything" maybe?

So what's keeping you busy this weekend?

2 comments:

YoMamma said...

I hope I don't jinx anything but the move to Verizon FIOS from Comcast was the answer I'd been looking for. We have not had one single issue and we just love it.

Congrats on the new job (and increase.) :-)

After an oddly easy trip to the MVA I ended up with a better afternoon than expected. This weekend I'm spending as much time knitting possible. Hopefully the Central Park Hoodie.

twiceknit said...

We have fios, and I love it. No problems thus far (knocking on wood). Is the sock skinny because it's ribbing? You're just a sock machine!

I tagged you today on my blog. No need to do it, it was just an easy blog entry. Yes, I'm lazy. Even on vacation.

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats