Sunday, March 30, 2008

Is it Monday yet?

Cable guy didn't come till Saturday. You all knew that would happen - I was just deludin' myself, sitting there, ears perked till way after 6PM - anyway look what I got accomplished:
One stretchy super-skinny sock!* Am now nearly at the heel of #2.

After I finally abandoned all hope of Cable Guy I stopped off at AAY en route to daycare:

Yep, more sock yarn, pretty...and replacement Brittanys :) There was only one ball of the Maizy (which I have used before and really love), not enough for one pair of socks tho, so I got the Panda Silk (also used before) as an accent colour.

But I knew that wouldn't work. Saturday morning I went off gallivantin' again, (hairdresser**/handbag shopping) and ended up at another LYS:

Some Pace yarn for heel/toe/cuff accents, Collinette Jitterbug, and size 1 needles.

I also got a hold of Cat Bordhi's book on new ways to knit socks: New Pathways for Sock Knitters.***

Pretty time to be in Maryland. Obligatory cherry blossom pictures coming soon - here's some springtime shots of the neighbourhood...

And my next project...
Spent Sunday afternoon prepping the garden for seed planting.**** Here's my co-gardener. She got a wee bit dirty in the process.

What are you all at this week?

*I do look like I've serious cankles though...
**She's taking knitting lessons!
***I need to go on a serious yarn/book diet
****Guilted into it by Michael Pollan, I've decided to grow some produce...

3 comments:

YoMamma said...

My daughter has that Vera Bradley pattern also. She's got a tiny "Amy" gifted from her grandma. :-)

Urgh about that cable guy. I hate sitting around waiting.

I'm getting excited about the garden also with it (supposedly) being spring.
Look forward to seeing you Wednesday!

Lyn said...

Good lord, you've been busy!

I can't wait to garden a bit, also - I got a Topsy Turvy (http://www.hangingtomato.com/?cid=486943) (is there a way that I could've made that a link?) for my b'day. Think they work?

twiceknit said...

Good grief you're fast. I've been lusting after some Jitterbug yarn. How do you like it? Love the picture of the red tree against the blue sky. So pretty! I'm heading back this weekend. Good to see that spring is arriving!

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats