Wednesday, March 5, 2008

It's not looking good...

I've knit and ripped the Hogwarts sock three times now. I just can't decide on a pattern. The multi-coloured diamonds - forget it - far too many strings to keep a hold of.

Then I decided to do a lace pattern a la purple cardi. Nope - too fiddly on dpns and also too mistake-prone.

Here's where I was at 11 PM last night -

Back to just the cuff. Oh dear.


Yesterday wasn't all bad. I had an hout to kill in the morning so I stopped at Panera for a coffee and some ultimately-ripped knitting. I asked about the Irish soda bread advertised on the door. Not for sale, I was told, but as they were test baking they could give me some. Oh, OK then. I expected a little slice but got...a whole loaf! I couldn't tuck into it there and then, so I bought it to work. Here it is 20 minutes later. My co-workers helped! It was wonderful, sweet but slightly salty. Usually eaten with butter (not I-can't-believe-it's-not-butter, not Flora, BUTTER). But this didn't even need it.


So that's one of the great thing about St. Patrick's day. Yummy baked goods.


What's not so good about St. Patrick's Day -

Apparently St. Patrick was the Patron Saint of cheesy green crap for alcoholics...


And for the Jamie fans:

3 comments:

Lyn said...

Sorry you're having so much trouble with the sock! Sounds like you needed some baked goods!
Missed you at Border's this week...

YoMamma said...

mmm... bread and butter. I'm with you, *real* butter! I tell my heart that I'm giving it exercise - something to work through - it should appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Cant beat Teresa's brown bread and butter - and a grand mug a milk ;) Jamie's a cutie...but i think she may be up to something..... :)
- xxx Daid

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats