Thursday, March 27, 2008

sock progress

All about the socks lately:
Here's the flutter-by socks, finished, blocked and mailed away earlier this week. Can't say enough about how lovely this yarn is to knit with.


Started cable rib socks , another Interweave Knits pattern, using the Schaefer Anne I got in a yarn swap. Took me an hour to wind this using the swift and ballwinder God gave me (i.e. my hands and knees).
I am using size zero needles, thankfully it's a stretchy pattern...

And then yesterday, I picked up another ball of sock yarn that has been glaring at me from the stash - this lovely Opal Tucan yarn. Haven't decided on a pattern yet - something visible would be nice though...Cast on on the Metro last night and this is how far I got. Calamity struck en route, as you can see...
Guess I'll have to hit All About Yarn this weekend to replace my beloved size 2 Brittany's...

5 comments:

YoMamma said...

Nice! Sorry I missed the group last night - I can't believe "only" 21 people showed. See you next week! :-D

Pheelya said...

ooo I like the Opal colorway! The socks came out so nice!! I so loved knitting with Sheila's yarn too!!

FuguesStateKnits said...

Lovely work - so sorry about your Brittanys! I agree with both of you - Sheila's yarn is a delight to knit with - I save it for the end of the evening, when I want to keep knitting, but need a bit of a treat!

Lyn said...

The flutter-by are so lovely!
Sorry about your needles...

twiceknit said...

Oh no for your needles! All my tiny ones are metal, and I keep saying that I'm going to get nicer bamboo or wood ones, but I'm afraid I'll break them! Even my metal ones are bent. Apparently I'm a rather tight knitter. Hope you found something good at All About Yarn.

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats