Thursday, December 27, 2007

Uptown Boot Sock

When I got tired of the Fetching I'd turn to sock making:This is the Uptown Boot Sock from "Favorite Socks, 25 Timeless Designs from Interweave."

I've one done, and have serious second-sock-syndrome. The yarn is lovely (another shout out for Whimzy Pinzy!) but the pattern, tiny repreating cables, is kind of boring. Maybe I need to stop using such variegated yarns with patterned socks - so have either an eye-catching yarn, or an eye-catching pattern, but not both?

Also - I made these quite small. They won't fit me so I am on the look out of a slender footed friend ;)

1 comment:

Lyn said...

There's no law that says you have to make the 2nd sock - you could use the remaining yarn for something else. Life's too short to waste time on a dissatisfying project - after all, it is supposed to be fun!

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats