Friday, December 7, 2007

Christmas to-do list

I'm a bit late mentioning this, but the fact that there is no gift-giving at Thanksgiving, is a huge reason to be thankful. Since I've got back into knitting I've fallen into the same trap so many others have mentioned. Unreasonable Christmas gift plans. I have yarn in hand (well - in stash, hand is not that big) for 5 hats, 3 clapotis and socks for the whole family. For this Christmas. In addition, I have a full time job (with a commute of up to 7 hours ahem), a little kid, a fairly understanding husband, and two dogs who believe they could use far more attention.


My widget tells me there are 17 days left till xmas day, and many of my family and friends are far-flung, meaning that these hats need to be posted off in about 15 minutes in order to reach their destinations this side of the 25th.


So - I think I'll keep my Christmas to-do list, but strike out '2007'. I still plan to make these hats for the people I love, by stressing myself out to knit, and shortchanging the rest of my life, is not the reason for the season.


On that note, I'm going to pay the dog some attention. Look what she does when she's ignored...

In case the picture is a bit wee:

Background - slipper I've had since 1999.

Foreground: cheeky wee Boston Terrier.

Middle: stuffing from slipper...

4 comments:

twiceknit said...

I actually have no doubt that you could finish this all in time, but keeping your sanity is probably a much better idea. I'm sitting this year out on the knitted gifts. I made a whole bunch of stuff for family last year, and I'm pretty sure that they'd recoil if they opened more wool this year.

Anonymous said...

I, too, have an unreasonable list. I've decided that I'll make sure everything gets started and, since none need mailing, I can wrap things up while still on the needles!

Denise said...

I love the idea of wrapping up a nearly-finished item!

Anonymous said...

ah yes, i too had overambitious plans for xmas knitting. am pleased that i managed to knit about 6 pressies. amen for fingerless mitts! i knocked out a pair in bulky wool in only 3 days of evening knitting. will definitely need to start my christmas knitting earlier next year, perhaps in july??

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats