Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas meme

Both idea and meme shamefully lifted from AmyDe at Ignore me - it's easier
Her responses were remarkably similar to mine...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper
2. Real tree or artificial? Um...neither! Am never in my own home for xmas. But, as Dad is a forester, have to go with real.
3. When do you put up the tree? see above
4. When do you take the tree down? if I had one - 8AM New Years Day.
5. Do you like eggnog? In shot-glass sized quantities only
6. Favorite gift received as a child? "Super girls World" - this doll head that you could do hair and make-up on. I was about 8. Something like this - only the early 1980's version
7. Do you have a nativity scene? yes
8. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad
9. Easiest person to buy for? My sisters
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? probably clothing... can't be more specific than that - but nothing handmade!
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? All handwritten at the weekend, and mailed today
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Willy Wonka (this is a Christmas movie in Ireland). Since I've moved to the US - A Christmas Story.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? September...
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Usually unwanted gifts end up at Goodwill.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My Mum's Christmas cake (it's a fruitcake, with marzipan and white icing mmmmmm)
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? white
17. Favorite Christmas song? Angels we have heard on high. Silver bells (sung by Elvis)
18. Travel for Christmas or stay at home? Travel, always travel. Maybe stay home next year and you can all come to us?
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Dasher and Dancer and comet and cupid and donner and blitzen and rudolph? Have I missed someone?
20. Angel on the tree top? Alas, no tree
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? I am v v v strict about this - Christmas morning!!!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Trying to think of things to buy for people who don't need, or want, anything.
23. What I love most about Christmas? Being with family. The music.

Right! I need to hear from you all :)

No comments:

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats