Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Knitted nativity

'Tis the reason for the season, so here's a picture of the wonderful knitted nativity my Mum sent me. She is so clever, a wonderful knitter and a really thoughtful person. Miss you this year Mum! Three Wise Men, two shepherds, 3 (CUTE) sheep (all with different fleeces!) Joseph, Mary, and baby Jesus. I was speechless. I love nativity scenes and have a smallish collection. Love you Mum!!

On the gift knitting side, I finished 2 pairs of Fetching and 3 hats. Not too (terribly) shabby. Pictures...coming (forgot my USB cable, aargh!).

I am half way thru one sock made with beautiful Summer Slushy 100% merino yarn from Whimzy pinzy. Yarn is great, pattern (Uptown Boot Sock, from Favorite Socks by Interweave Knits) kind of boring. Plus I made the child's size (why???) so now I have to look for a small footed friend.

Nollaig Shona, Feliz navidad, Joyeux Noel, Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your Nativity! My grandmother made mine from porcalin... crap I can't spell. I always cry when I put it out. It is beautiful.

I have always wanted to craft something along this line for my children. Now... I have a few ideas as to how.
isrbrown (from Rav)

Sue said...

I love the nativity scene - what a wonderful gift that I know you will treasure and pass down to your DS! Merry Christmas and safe travel!

Lyn said...

What a lovely gift!
Hope you're enjoying your trip,
we'll miss you at Border's tonight...

YoMamma said...

Wow, that is awesome!!! What a thoughtful and crafty Mom you've got too. :-)
See you in 2008! Enjoy your New Year's celebration.

twiceknit said...

Wow! How beautiful. What was her gauge?? It looks tiny!

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats