Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Is it only Wednesday?

To describe how my week's been, take today. I left the house at 6:40 AM, and got back at 7:10 PM. I only clocked in 5.5 h at work. Yep, 7 hours travelling. I went to my local office. You see, it was snowing. Barely. On the plus side, I got to listen to 3 episodes of the Cast On podcast (I am up to episode 22 now) and about an hour's worth of "Queen Lucia", recently downloaded from Audible.

By the time I got home I just couldn't face getting back into the car, not even to go to my wonderful knitting group in Border's (Hi Columbia Sip and Knit! Love you guys!). But I did finish my socks tonight, yay!
These are a keeper. Not just because a girl can never have too many knitted socks, but because the left one is half a pattern repeat longer than the right. Ahem.

I'm a bit disappointed in how they turned out though - these are the Waving Lace pattern, by Evelyn Clark, from Favorite Socks by Interweave. I used OnLine Supersocke 100 yarn. The lace pattern hardly shows up at all, so this lovely variegated colorway is kind of wasted. A solid, paler color probably would work better. Ah well.

In other news, mailed my Ravelry yarn swap yesterday. The "crab yarn" was the unanimous choice, and to go with it I made some stitch markers, because my swapee mentioned on her blog that she needed some . I found a great instruction site here. Aren't they cute?
Plus, I got to use up some of the bead stash. (In addition to a yarn stash, I have a bead stash, a scrapbooking stash, and a book stash). There are many theories on stash: I believe that when I supplement my stash I am promising myself the time to use and enjoy whatever it is I'm buying. Though with 7 hour commutes I'm not sure when that will be...

Do you have a stash theory, or - are you in stash denial?

2 comments:

twiceknit said...

you'd think we've never seen snow before, wouldn't you??

Anonymous said...

I looooooove my stitch markers!! thank you so much xxx

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats