Saturday, December 1, 2007

Entrelac - not just an infant formula

I've always loved the look of Entrelac, and Denise's beautiful Lady Eleanor Shawl tipped me over the edge. HAD to learn. The Spring 2007 edition of Interweave Knits has a how-to article. I dug out some Lion brand Wool-ease in pink and brown, and My first attempt wasn't great
see how lumpy and uneven the joins look? - I couldn't figure out how to pick up the stitches along the selvedge edge - I had to pick up 8, but there were many more than 8 to pick from...then Lyn at my wonderful Meet Up group, who was also bitten by the Entrelac bug, told me I should slip the first stitch of each row. Aha! Much better - thank you Lyn!!

So here's my finished little square:


Has to be blocked obviously, ends tucked in etc, but I'm pretty happy with it. No idea what I will do with it though - maybe knit a stripey square the same size, sew them together and make a wee cushion? Really seems like I should be working on the long list of Christmas knitting I set for myself...

1 comment:

twiceknit said...

beautiful! I really want to make that entrelac wrap the other Denise was making. I even hunted down the yarn she used. Good thing I didn't buy it--I finally went through my whole stash today and I have much more than I thought!

Speaking of yarn acquisition, what did you get at All About Yarn today??

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats