Sunday, December 30, 2007

Another post about socks...

I went ahead and finished the second Uptown Boot Sock, and they turned out fine...

Way too small for me though: they will go on my feet - but the cable pattern is all stretched. At least now I have a jump on my knitting for Christmas '08!

I am still in Florida, the state of four seasons in one day (thunder/rain/sun/fog), back up North for work on Jan 2. While not refereeing dogs/DS I'll be working on these:

I bought this sock yarn, Maizy - 82% corn and 18% elastic, at the Destin Yarn Shop. I can't resist unusual fibers. I loved the owner's explanation to a coworkers about how it's made "this big machine chews up the corn and spits it out and that stuff is spun into yarn". It has great texture - quite stretchy, though the ply separate very easily...let's see how far I get on the way back. Maybe it's time to start that sweater I've been threatening instead of all these 'instant gratification' projects?

No comments:

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats