Saturday, November 8, 2008

Some pictures to keep

Tuesday night was a momentous one -
Wednesday at Sip n Knit we were discussing whether this would be one of those 'where were you when...' occasions - all too often those are linked to tragic occasions - 9/11, Diana dying, Kennedy getting shot (bit before my time that last one), so it's wonderful to have a happy memory to anchor onto. Of course, if anyone asks where I was when the first black president was elected, I'll have to say I was fast asleep in bed, hugging big pregnant belly :) Ah well.

PS - though I had the chance to buy actual newspapers on Wednesday morning, it never occurred to me. By the time I realized that I was missing out on wonderful souvenirs, this is what I found:

Well - there's always Inauguration Day!

2 comments:

Pheelya said...

I too was home and in bed and hugging my belly, but becuase I was sick! What a way to remember a historical moment!

Knitredsox said...

What a great night for sure! Your little man is too cute!

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats