Monday, December 8, 2008

Busy night ahead...

I say this every year, and yes it's a cliche, so shoot me. I Love Christmas. It's The most wonderful time of the Year. From the reliable "Christmas is not just about shopping and eating you know" sermon from the parish priest, to the emergence of more and more lights every evening driving home, to the 'what on earth can I get for my father this year' dilemma*, just love it all.

And this year - we are home in our own house - for the first year ever! Usually we spend it with in-laws (Florida) or my folks (Ireland) - neither of which are bad options let me add, but I always feel like I miss the fun in our own neighbourhood. Grandparents coming up to share in festivities for Christmas week, adding their Boston Terrier to the mix. I predict a good snorty time...

And the fun starts tomorrow night, with a cookie swap. Making about 8 dozen cherry chocolate cookies tonight for a swap with neighbourhood ladies. And then the next night, another cookie swap with my knitting friends, about another 8 dozen. That means I need to make about 200 ~ 17 dozen cookies tonight, at least...

I didn't pick a great recipe (will post later - if successful). Bucking the usual trend the recipe I chose from a random cookbook (bought when newly married and planning to cook/bake a lot - ha!) turned out great the first time, so I passed it on to TulaBug, hostess extraordinaire, who is again hosting Wednesday's shindig.

Subsequent efforts, however, resulted in 1: tray o'crumbs; 2. tray o'hockey pucks. No room for mess-ups tonight so fingers crossed...

And my yarn swap loot arrived this weekend! Separate post coming on that as soon as camera cooperates, grrr.

*this year - donation to charity. So he's getting that, a sock keychain, and pictures of his grandson :)

3 comments:

twiceknit said...

I'm also in the midst of my own cookie overload this year. Apparently we're not alone--there wasn't any all-purpose flour in my grocery store this weekend!

Pheelya said...

Wow!! 17 dozen cookies in one night! You go girl!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's a lot of baking...good luck! (Must get back to the ones in my oven right now!) :)

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats