Monday, July 7, 2008

A New Project

I put my knitting aside, put those three WIPs into hibernation, and revisited the Babette blanket idea. I've been putting aside oddments of pink and green for months, and then while laying around watching King of Queen's DVDs this weekend I decided to go ahead and cast on...or hook up I guess. This blanket involves making 126 granny squares:
50 x 2 rounds
49 x 4 rounds
16 x 6 rounds
7 x 8 rounds
2 x 10 rounds
2 x 12 rounds

So far I've done 25 x 2 rounds and 10 x 4 rounds. This is where I'd insert a lovely colourful picture if I hadn't stood on the USB cable insert thingy and squished it...

Colours are great though. If I have a girl, it'll be hers. If I have a boy, it'll be mine :) see below for details...

3 comments:

YoMamma said...

Woo hoo! Congrats on the good news. That is so very exciting!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Denise! Can't wait to see how the blanket is coming along.

twiceknit said...

Congratulations!!! I missed this post and then I saw the new widget on the side and did a double take. Such great news!!

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats