Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Cardi progress

Decided to work from home this chilly Wednesday after another hellish commute last night. A mid-afternoon ice-storm glazed the roads and caused accidents on just about every thoroughfare out of Washington DC. I left at the usual time (see that's the danger of having an office with no windows - no idea what's going on outside) had to de-ice the car, crawl along in blurry traffic with ominous flashing lights in front and behind...I was 25 minutes late picking up DS from daycare. That is, twenty-five minutes after they closed, not just 25 minutes later than usual. He wasn't the last kid there, at least, and didn't seem all that perturbed. He then came to vote with me - usually he is not the best companion to run errands with but I guess his spirit of patriotism kicked in. I would insert a cute picture of him with an "I voted" sticker on his coat but 3-year-olds have a mind of their own. Good practice for when he's a teenager I suppose. So here's my sticker.

Indulge me won't you - this is the first time I've voted in a Presidential Primary, it being the first time I've been a US citizen for the voting cycle. I am also an Irish citizen, of course - keeping my options open ye know ;)



Making some progress on the Dollar-and-a-half cardi. Two conference calls today gave me the chance to do 20 guilt-free rows. Nothing cosier than working at home with this:
and this:

2 comments:

Cass said...

I'm swooning over your fireplace! And your knitting is okay too. ;)
XOXO

YoMamma said...

Congrats on your first vote!! (well, here anyway) :-)

Isn't it great when you can get some "personal development" time in when working from home? What a beautiful job you're doing on that cardi - I LOVE it!

(I think your blogger word verification is cussing at me)

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats