Friday, February 8, 2008

My new socks

Last night I finished a pair of socks I cast on for myself while in Ireland. Sassy stripes yarn (acrylic) in various hues of (what else) pink: I used a pattern in the recent edition of a knitting magazine I picked up in Ireland. The pattern includes a wrapped heel and a star toe, a bit different techinque - but I don't really like the uneveness of the toe decreases - see the way it looks like the right sock is a bit wonky...But they are keeping my feet toasty and that's the main thing!

While in Ireland I also finished off the scarf, which was promptly gifted:

The colours are great, but I was disappointed in the yarn. It's 100% silk, with the texture (but not the price) of that cotton you use for crochet dishcloths. And I have two more balls of it, yay...

No comments:

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats