Thursday, January 17, 2008

Wednesday night knitting

Last night I went along to the local knitting guild instead of to my usual perch at Lynn & Denises' Sip n Knit in Borders. Some Sip n Knit ladies had been chosen to positions of power in the Guild (Needle Beadle, Lady Kitchener) and invited us - with the promise that not only would it be the usual knitting fun, but also there was a swap, providing the opportunity to offload all the yarn, notions and patterns you were done with. I offloaded two big carrier bags full - some acrylic but also some nicer stuff - and several issues of Crochet! magazine (subscriber beware). I resisted the temptation to take a knitting book from 1982 - totally worth it for the hair and make-up... and I scored this:
pink+black+ sock yarn=happy camper.

I actually have no socks on the go right now - I'm knitting something cute for Mum, which I hope to have finished before Saturday (more when finished), and this scarf for me:
Pattern from One Skein wonders - very simple. I'll update later with the designers name. I've been knitting this on the train while commuting, and on conference calls at work :)

2 comments:

YoMamma said...

Urgh! I missed the swap. :-( Glad you got some good stuff!

twiceknit said...

I was so sad I missed the swap, too. It's annoying when life gets in the way! Pretty yarn! I'm so jealous that you got rid of so much. That was what I was looking forward to most!

Cracks me up!

Read any good books lately?

Time of day in my part of the world

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Stats